Senior Market Intelligence & Strategy Analyst
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 236984
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable EnergyWith a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
The Analyst role is a full-time professional position that works with senior management to support strategic activities by providing actionable recommendations based on assessments of markets and competitors, both existing and potential.
- Identify and collect appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data.
- Perform financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors
- Translate data into executable and effective market and intelligence reports.
- Evaluate market pricing trends
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively collecting competitor intelligence through various channels, i.e. sales, customer and media, provide in-depth analysis and suggestions to commercial team.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
- Collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared and aligned among appropriate groups and individuals.
- Creates and owns quarterly market intelligence report, summarizing market intelligence, generating insights, and recommended positioning and actions.
- Provides periodic regional competitor, win-loss analyses and insights.
- Creates and updates comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Works closely with the global CI function for alignment and deployment of processes.
- Provides Training to the regional Sales & Marketing team (e.g. training on WindComp).
- Works with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained.
- Supplies the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Provides market and competitive insights through presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
- Providing periodic regional market forecasts and other inputs to Market and SGRE long-term planning process.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and webinars; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- University Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering from accredited college or university
- Min. 5 years of work experience, preferably in the renewable sector
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Intercultural sensitivity to effectively communicate and gain commitment to action among diverse teams.
- High level of competence with Microsoft Office suite (in particular, advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills) is essential
- Experience in CRM/related field would be highly beneficial
- Excellent understanding of financial modelling and analysis
- Self-motivation and the Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities
- Very good social & communication skills for interaction with various different stakeholders at all organizational levels, inside and outside Siemens Gamesa
- A highly motivated "self-starter" who is goal-oriented, has strong interpersonal, communication, and technical skills
- Ability to network effectively at all levels and influence without direct management oversight
- Fluency in English (oral and written)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Additional language proficiency in Spanish