Sales Manager - Fire Service - Florham Park, NJ
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 236999
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Florham Park
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Service Sales Manager for our
Fire End-User Sales Groups in our Florham Park, NJ branch. The Fire Service
Sales Manager will ensure strong customer relationships are established and maintained
while also driving employees to achieve business goals. The Sales Manager
promotes team selling and expansion of existing relationships across the NYC
- Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to the Building Technologies philosophy and customer satisfaction
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products
- Recruit, interview, and add salespeople as required to meet performance objectives
- Manage employee performance and provide coaching to develop skills. Communicate goals and provide performance appraisals
- Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives
- Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business. Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed
- Support Building Technologies by networking with other branches and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, and creating opportunities for employees to do the same
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT.
- Develop sales/marketing promotions for distribution channels. Participate in development of long range sales planning and growth strategies
- Maintain awareness of competitor product/service information and advise employees on effective sales tactics as needed
- Provide feedback on new products and serve on new product development committees as a field subject-matter expert when invited.
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts serving as a key management sponsor when needed
- Maintain trade contacts and participate in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy
- Develop strategy for retention (contract renewals) of account base and development of new accounts.
Qualifications the ideal candidate will have include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field, although candidates with a combination of education and directly related experience will also be considered (a minimum of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency is required)
- 7 to 10 years of industry related sales experience including three years of experience managing sales teams. Industry experience should be with Commercial Fire Alarm
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers
- Understanding of fire alarm, products, service, design and knowledge of the construction industry
- NICET Level II Certification desired, but not required
- Must be willing and available to travel 10%, mainly for training, national meetings, and industry events.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License in good standing
- Must be at least 21 years of age and meet eligibility requirements in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.