Field Installation Technician
Business Unit: Diagnostic Imaging
Requisition Number: 237044
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Hoffman Estates
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 80%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
· The Field Installation Technician's is responsible for final customer installations, troubleshooting, and repairing Siemens Healthineers SPECT and PET instrumentation across North America.
· Position reports directly to the Factory Installations Manger / reporting to the VP of Supply Chain Management.
· The Field Installation Technician's responsibilities include: installing, troubleshooting, and repairing Siemens Healthineers Diagnostics Instrumentation primarily Symbia Evo / Excel and Symbia Intevo, and Spect products as well as the PET/CT family of products.
· Provide both timely and effective installations to ensure optimal system performance, resulting in superior customer satisfaction.
· Manage financial costs incurred during installations.
· Manage company assets to include a cell phone, computer, tools, inventory parts, etc.
· Ensure timely completion (following Department Standard Operating Procedure) of all install documentation to ensure regulatory compliance for installation.
· Ensuring all training is kept current to ensure all state and local regulation compliance.
· Complete all installation travel arrangements and expense reporting - ensuring compliance with company guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in related field is required.
- 2-5 years’ experience installing equipment in a clinical environment
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be able to utilize computer-based tools for reports, email and for general communication.
- Strong competency in instrument systems technology to include mechanics, electrical and software technology.
- Needs to be a self-starter with excellent communication skills.
- Should have the ability to operate remotely with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate excellent judgment in customer relations and managing company resources.
- Needs to have excellent communication skills and be able to interface with customers in a positive professional manner.
- The ability to think and act in a logical and methodical way.
- Clean driving record over last three years is required.
- Up to 80% domestic travel
is required for this position.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· 2-5 years’ experience in the medical installation field or training in factory Spect and or PET configuration.
· Installation experience in a related field.
· Demonstrated experience with FDA and medical equipment in general.