Electrification Plant Manager
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 237052
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
The “Turnkey Projects and Rail Electrification” (TPE) Business Unit of Siemens supplies electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment in the US and Canadian rail market. The Manufacturing / Plant Manager is a senior position within our successful team reporting directly to the Head of the Business Unit. Strong leadership, people development skills and a passion for continuous improvement are a few of the key attributes required for this role. The position is located in Tualatin close to Portland/Oregon.
- Drive the strategic development and competitiveness of the manufacturing plant.
- Ensure the development and consistency of manufacturing policies, guidelines, programs and standards and respective local EHS regulations.
- Plan and propose the manufacturing plant budget, and decide and allocate financial and personnel resources, within given limits.
- Manage and develop all the respective work flow process to ensure all production targets are achieved.
- Drive a continuous improvement mindset and a results & quality orientation, along with being a champion for employee involvement, communications and change management
- Design and propose short- and midterm development of the site, and set up and monitor completion of agreed investment projects.
- Cooperate with concerned sales, project management, technical and support functions to coordinate and agree on manufacturing program.
- Selects and engage Service Providers locally, and guide, monitor and approve execution of service work delivery.
- Liaise with local authorities in public matters, and represents Siemens production site in related aspects.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, advanced degree preferred.
- Typically 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- About 15% travel required, visiting customers, suppliers or partners
- SAP, VSM, RCA, FMEA, and other Lean/Quality Tools
- Demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.