Maintenance Supervisor - Controls/Metal Fabrication
Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 237063
Primary Location: United States-South Carolina-Roebuck
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Energy Management is looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor to join our team in Spartanburg. In this role you will be a hands-on leader that will maintain advanced systems and equipment with PM/Pdm program; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts utilizing multi-shift maintenance team. This person reports to the Process Sustainment Manager and will have 8 direct reports.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Spartanburg factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies?
Are you ready for the challenge?
· Coordinate and prioritize the activities of the Maintenance Department.
· Devote the necessary attention and reaction time to hazardous conditions requiring maintenance or facilities resources.
· Assist in the development of processes and select tooling/equipment to meet process, cost effectiveness, maintainability and health & safety requirements.
· Coordinate the justification, procurement, installation and prove-out of process equipment and systems.
· Interface closely with the Production departments and all plant support groups to ensure projects are defined accurately and executed effectively.
· Coordinate and prioritize the activities of the shift maintenance personnel in consultation with the Maintenance Manager.
· Take appropriate corrective action when substandard performance is observed.
· Coordinate employee training, department meetings and performance appraisals of direct reports.
· Lead continuous improvement of Maintenance procedures and systems.
· Assist in evaluation of employee suggestions and implementation of approved ideas.
· Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations
· Will be a hands-on supervisor working alongside team members to remedy issues
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education and Requirements:
1. Minimum of 3 plus years working experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
2.Associates Degree and 3 plus years experience in an Engineering Maintenance supervisor role, preferably in the areas of high volume assembly, steel fabrication, and process control.
3. Knowledge of manufacturing process equipment, and basic equipment maintenance procedures.
4. Knowledge of and experience with Sheet metal fabrication equipment to include punch machines, mechanical brakes, and stamping presses.
5. Knowledge of and experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical, industrial and electrical skills.
6. Siemens and Fanuc CNC/PLC and Fiber laser/turret experience preferred.
7. Excellent supervisory and communication skills, people and organizational skills, and a strong safety focus.
· Experienced in all aspects of industrial maintenance and preventive maintenance practices, including mechanical and controls/electrical.
· Maintains a team approach to problem solving.
· Proven project and time management ability.
· Working knowledge with Environmental/ Quality systems OHSAS 18001
· Working experience with proven problem solving methodologies
· Computer literate with strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills;
· Must be technically current in machine design and/or equipment engineering as it applies to job duties with strong understanding of controls (i.e. operating logic) and be able to integrate them into process equipment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.