Analytical Instrumentation Chromatography Technologist
Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 237076
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Innovates and optimizes performance of analytical instrumentation for Siemens process gas chromatography for the R&D department with a focus on improving autonomous configuration and adjustments. Describes chromatographic hardware, separation functions, and signal processing with mathematical models. Documents and tests proposed design enhancements for process gas chromatographs with hands-on verification of performance.
Carries out work in a cross-functional fashion within and outside the R&D department, both locally and internationally.
Hands-on training for configuring and optimizing process gas chromatographs will be provided to solve customer application challenges in a robust and maintainable way.
Candidate should desire residing near northwest Houston, Texas by late 2019. Until then, regular work will occur in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. The candidate’s individual situation will be considered for arranging suitable travel and relocation.
Minimum Requirements for Candidates - All of these requirements have to be met:
- Bachelor’s degree in physical chemistry (preferred), analytical instrumentation, experimental physics, chemical engineering, or a closely related field. A master’s degree is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in development or enhancement of analytical instrumentation. This may include independent thesis work for obtaining advanced academic degree (M.S. or Ph.D.).
- Demonstrated ability to describe scientific and engineering approaches with mathematical models.
- Fluent communication in English
Necessary - At least 4 of these knowledge or skills requirements have to be met:
- Chromatography knowledge: separation fundamentals, detectors, columns, valves, regulators, and data processing.
- Analytical chemistry skills: ability to make the right trade-offs between dynamic range, accuracy, precision, repeatability, detection limit, calibration, and reliability of an analysis.
- Mathematics and engineering knowledge: describe physical observations with mathematical models, with clear documentation of models and results.
- Communication skills: demonstrated ability to work in a multi-functional, multi-national team.
- Collaboration skills: demonstrated ability to work with third party organizations from among academia, customers, scientific or engineering organizations.
- Successful selection and application of chemometric methods to chemical data analysis.
The successful candidate will be working in the Houston, Texas facility by late 2019. Until then, substantial work and training will occur in the Bartlesville, Oklahoma facility. The candidate’s individual situation will be considered for arranging suitable travel and relocation during this time.
- Fluent communication in German
- Matlab proficiency
- Chromatography skills: ability to create or optimize methods for separation applications.Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.