Analog Design Engineer
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 237079
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Plymouth Meeting
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is currently seeking an Analog Design Engineer to join our Ultrasound team in Plymouth Meeting, PA. The successful candidate will be responsible for architecture, detailed circuit design, and development of a wide array of transmitter, receiver, radio, and power circuits for ultrasound systems, wireless transducers, and advanced technologies.
• Create requirements, specifications and design descriptions for new circuits
• Develop & maintain RF and analog design concepts to meet system requirements
• Direct and review PCB layout
• Design, plan and execute experiments to evaluate feasibility of concepts, including circuit analysis and simulations.
• Solve complex technical issues by troubleshooting, determining root cause, and then proposing design modifications.
• Interface very closely with acoustic design engineers, SW engineers and electrical design engineers to create new components/processes/assembly sequences that solve design challenges.
• Work cross-functionally with global engineering teams
• Document processes for manufacturing; transfer designs and processes to manufacturing personnel.
• Perform some EMC / EMI testing and electrical safety compliance testing for medical devices.
• Write, perform or oversee verification and validation plans and protocols to effectively test designs against requirements and customer needs.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor (required); Masters (preferred) in Electrical Engineering (RF, analog circuits) with 5+ years of industry experience in analog mixed-signal circuits
• Design experience with transistor-level discrete analog circuits
• Fundamental understanding of noise in analog circuits
• Ability to perform circuit analysis using commonly used tools (e.g. SPICE, Matlab or Python, etc.)
• Medical ultrasound front-end hardware experience is preferred but similar experience in related fields such as radar or communications would be well received
• Experience in electrical troubleshooting and circuit analysis
• Experience in using Hardware testing tools such as oscilloscope, DMM, logic analyzer, etc…
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience with EMC / EMI and electrical safety compliance desired
• Design experience with analog/mixed-signal ASIC design in CMOS, BiCMOS, HVCMOS or similar process technologies a plus
• Experience in designing medical equipment, including reliability and compliance a plus
• Experience working with supply chain, manufacturing, and new product introduction (NPI) teams a plus