Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 237085
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Manufacturing Engineer Job Responsibilities:
Develops and improves manufacturing processes by studying the Gas Chromatograph (GC) product and manufacturing methods.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Duties:
- Evaluates and creates manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Able to develop a consensus among cross-functional team members.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with government regulations.
- Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
- Maintains product and process data base by writing computer programs; entering data.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding technicians.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Manufacturing Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, and SAP Data.
· Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
· Skilled in manufacturing transformations
· Work cell design
· Material replenishment through the use of pull systems
· Experience leading Kaizen events
Requires a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree from an accredited engineering university.
Requires 5-10 years of engineering experience in an electro-mechanical assembly environment.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.