Biochemist 1 - Reagent Mfg Technical Operations
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237103
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-East Walpole
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
This Biochemist I position impacts people’s health, and well-being all around the world, while working on the Siemens ADVIA Centaur Systems and Atellica IM Platforms.
- Supports Manufacturing personnel via technical expertise and guidance, as they build/test diagnostic reagents and materials that will be used by clinical labs on Atellica, Centaur, and Centaur CP automation platforms.
- Reports to Manager of Technical Operations
- Will focus on process improvements executed through internal change control processes
- Participates in and investigates systemic technical issues associated with formulation and testing of immunoassay reagents and testing components.
- Execute change control activities from characterization through implementation following internal compliance documentation and written protocols.
- May work in the laboratory running Atellica, Centaur, and CP instrumentation with serum and other biological fluids of human
and animal origin.
- Coordinates and carries out investigations and implements corrective and preventive actions (CAPA).
- Will lead a cross functional team to successfully execute change control activities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
-BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry
-3+ years job related experience (may include time in an advanced degree)
-Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays.
-Demonstrated ability to interpret data.
-Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology.
-Strong work ethic, excellent written, presentation and communication skills, and the ability to work in a high pace team setting as well as independently.
-Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
-Led change or development projects to completion.
-Understanding of change control/CAPA
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Proficiency with statistics and Minitab statistics software
Advanced degree preferred