Mechanical Systems Architect (entry-level)
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 237104
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
Siemens Postal Parcel and Airport Logistic LLC (PPAL) is seeking an entry-level Mechanical System Architect to support the Airport Logistics Systems Design Team at our DFW Airport location. You will work on the Systems Design Team that develops and implements complex baggage handling solutions for Airport and Airline customers by providing engineering analysis and design expertise to solve existing and future baggage handling system needs. This role is ideal for someone with at least one year of experience with knowledge of the responsibilities outlined below.
The selected individual will assist with the following type of work:
• Assist on all proposal deliverables pertaining to mechanical design and layout, and assist in the generation of all proposal drawings and conceptual layouts, as well as participate in customer presentation of proposed solutions.
• Generate CAD design concepts that are technically feasible and construable with proven technology applied which can meet aggressive schedules with reliable cost considerations.
• Assist in the development of technical proposals which can include product demonstration, development of product prototypes and interactive technical discussions with other baggage handling experts, including, but not limited to third-party consultants, Owner’s representatives, and installation subcontractor entities.
• Development of work scopes relating to the associated solutions for multiple construction trade packages.
• Updating technical specifications as they relate to individual baggage products and total system solutions, as well as maintaining working knowledge of third-party supplied equipment.
• As a team member, will be part of resolving the most complex technical sales support problems and answer both customer requests and generating detailed product and specification questions.
• As a member of the Airport Logistics Systems Design Team and with proper training individual will become a recognized technical expert in the design and implementation of complex automated baggage handling systems.
• Develop cost effective Mechanical Systems for all Bids & Proposals including selecting OEM system components, input on pricing estimates, manpower plans, scheduling activities, phasing, commissioning & test methodologies and specification (including PGDS) compliance.
• Write specifications, user’s manuals, and enter other data to fully document engineering designs and assist procurement with parts ordering and supplier selection.
• Represent the company in customer-facing meetings concerning bids & proposals while supporting the sales team.
Education / Experience / Skills
• BS/BA in related discipline, Advanced Degree or equivalent work experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
•At least one (1) year of experience in the design, implementation and commissioning of complex mechanical systems solutions for large-scale Baggage Handling System as per the requirements of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and its associated Planning Guidelines and Design Standards (PGDS).
• Experience with AutoCAD, AUTOMOD, Revit, Microsoft Project and Microsoft office.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.