Site Installation Technician Security
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 237145
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Site Installation Technician:
- Coordinates, manages, implements and/or performs service for new equipment installation, equipment, or system repairs.
- Performs routine equipment installation; installs/programs/commissions field panels and field devices related to Fire alarm and Security.
- Utilizes related test equipment, PC’s, hand tools, ladders and power tools. Creates connections to various sensors and electrically powered devices; validates connections to power source and/or terminates wiring, mounting of parts and testing connections.
- Complex issues will be referred to supervisor for support.
- Assists with the routine performance of System
Preparation & Design Coordination:
- Provides assistance to the engineering group to create and/or verify point database; supports the creation of job specific programming via computer for various systems (controls, electronic security systems (ESS), fire systems, mass notification); supports the creation of and the upload of point database, assists with the creation of graphics in the Central Processing Unit (CPU).
- Assists with verification of point database and programming operations that they are consistent with scope of work for the intended integration and sequence; assists with back up data from data servers and/or with creation of automated backup procedure; supports troubleshooting and resolution of inconsistencies in the functions or sequence of operations; contacts Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) for technical support as/when needed.
- Assist with the set up and configuration of PC workstations and user interfaces.
- Supports the confirmation of proper network performance.
- May provide support to others with the scheduling of trade contractors to coordinate startup services as needed.
Operational Testing, Verification and Acceptance:
- Runs routine reports to review system operation.
- Technical issues will be reviewed with manager and customer to decide best course of action. Participates in final inspection and testing; supports the assurance of customer acceptance; assists with training of customers on system operations.
- Completes and submits routine written reports; provides Plans & Control System Documents to engineering for as-built drawings.
- Has field experience related to low voltage Fire Alarm, Security System applications such as Software House, Lenel, DSX, Bosch, American Dynamics, Milestone, Victor and Honeywell.
- Industry certifications such as NICET Fire Alarm and related Fire/Security product certifications and licenses such as NJ Burglar / Fire Alarm license, Delaware State Alarm License are a plus.
- Has a general understanding of IT related applications.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan