00042101-Software Engineer (Full Stack developer, AWS, NodeJS, ExpressJS) - 237178
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 237178
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens PLM is looking for a talented Full Stack Developer to part of the team building the next generation support application for our products. In this role you will a world class user experience combining multiple backend systems to support documentation, support case management, knowledge base search, and resource management.
You will be involved in all aspects of delivery including developing infrastructure as code through CloudFormation scripts, implementing automated builds and CI/CD, developing automation test scripts, writing API micro services using NodeJS and ExpressJS and leveraging AWS serverless architecture.
You will work in an open workspace collaborative environment as part of a larger web services team responsible for delivering customer facing applications. The support application and ecosphere of supporting tools is critical to the success of our business and you will have the ability to immediately make an impact.
You will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver on tight timelines in a fast paced enterprise application development environment. You should be able to embrace developing software for performance, scale, quality, security, and lowest cost.
As a Full Stack Developer on the support application team, you will be responsible for configuring and running Docker containers including deployment and scripting. You will be responsible for Linux administration and commands to install and configure Docker images. Responsibilities also include build and deployment setting up CI/CD pipelines with tools like AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. You will be responsible for code development using Git workflow. Code projects include enterprise UX application built on React, analytics services, serverless AWS Lambda and Kinesis, and use of AWS Elasticsearch. You should have a good grasp on building secure web applications.
Detailed responsibilities include:
- Develop code managed infrastructure though deployment scripts such as Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet
- Write APM tests for continuous monitoring and alerting leveraging AWS Cloudwatch
- Implement new customer facing features and applications in ReactJS
- Work with creative designers to implement click-through prototypes
- Develop supporting APIs leveraging ExpressJS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS SAM
- Develop unit tests including use of Mocha, Jest, Chai
- Develop in Git workflow participating in code peer reviews
- Implement build and deployment scripts including setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Develop to 12-factor application guidelines including developing for performance optimization and scale
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related
- Front-end web application development using MVC design pattern (4 years)
- API development (4 years)
- AWS or cloud experience (2 years)
- Primary responsibility is code development, agile methodology, team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS
- Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
- Knowledge of SDLC, serverless architecture, design patterns, building 12-factor applications
- Experience with agile methodologies and Git workflow
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Contributor to open source projects
- AWS serverless application model (SAM)
- AWS certification developer or architect
- Enterprise application development in a team environment