Technical Sales Specialist - Factory Automation
Business Unit: Factory Automation
Requisition Number: 237188
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Sales Specialist in the Rocky Mountain region that has a proven track record in consulting or selling factory automation systems. The person who attains this position will be joining one of the best marketing teams at Siemens. This position has much room for advancement and exposure to top management at Siemens. The overall requirements of the position are:
· This position is an integral part of the Siemens Industry Field Business Development team for the Factory Automation Business Unit. As a Sales Specialist your ultimate responsibility is to grow Siemens Factory Automation business in the Rocky Mountain region states of Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Montana, Idaho, and eastern Washington.
· As a Sales Specialist you will work directly with the Siemens sales team, associated channel partners, and customers to consult on automation solutions and provide value-add business unit support to meet growth targets.
· The Sales Specialist will report to the Factory Automation Business Unit and will report directly to the Regional Marketing Development Manager for the Central/West Region.
The Sales Specialist will need to support the Factory Automation solution portfolio including PLC, HMI, IPC, and SCADA. The Sales Specialist will also provide critical market intelligence back to the Business Unit. Some of the key roles and responsibilities are:
· Business developer for specific geography aligned with the Area Sales Manager
· Works with the Area Sales Manager to drive local Factory Automation (FA) sales strategy and growth
· Works with account managers and channel partners at identified strategic target accounts to drive conversions.
· Product specialist with a detailed knowledge in FA portfolio providing comprehensive assistance in key sales situations
· Keeps abreast of current market trends including competitors
· Help find and support new solution partners to drive our business
· Works in a team environment with other FA field resources (Application Engineers/ Product Promoters) to convert large opportunities in the market
· Drive mindshare with our sales team, channel, and vertical sales team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The person must have excellent relationship building and communication skills. They must have a deep understanding of factory automation systems (PLCs, HMIs, SCADA, Industrial Computers, Fieldbus Networks, and Industrial Software), and a superb ability to present them in a small or large group settings. The person must be task oriented with exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be a team player, but also have the ability to manage a team. This person must be self-motivated and proactive in order to keep a focus on the regional marketing plan. The skills, experience, and education required are:
· Measurable track record of success in external sales/business development
· Ability to excel within a developmental top-down, solution selling model
· Solid leadership skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
· Three or more years of consultative sales experience, with proven sales results
· Organization skills to manage schedule and travel in the territory
· Computer proficiency - knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
· 8+ years’ experience in Automation Industry
· Must have had a minimum of 8 years sales/marketing experience and knowledge of PLC, HMI and networking architectures.
· Knowledge of Rocky Mountain region automation market and its customers
· Experience with supporting Sales & Distribution
· Education: BS/BA Electrical Engineering preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The key attributes we are looking for in this position, but not required to be considered for this position are:
· Worked 10 + years as factory automation business development
· Have excellent knowledge of the Siemens Automation products
· Has proven track record of presentation abilities
· Has strong knowledge of competitions products