Senior Systems Electrical Architect
Business Unit: Logistics and Airport Solutions
Requisition Number: 237191
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Irving
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Postal, Parcel & Airport Logistics LLC is a provider of logistics industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
• Expert experience with control systems, digital and analog circuits, microprocessor-based systems, electrical panel design, AC and DC power systems.
• Experience in Schematic generation using Mentor DxDesigner, , AutoCAD electrical experience a plus.
• Expertise in system development activities
• Knowledge of all phases of waterfall development including requirements, design, development, testing, debugging, implementation, and support of large-scale, business centric and process- based applications.
• Working knowledge of SAP or equivalent MRP system
• Ability to generate requirements documentation from customer Statement of Work (SOW)
• Provides leadership to fellow team members and the client across business and technical project dimensions solving complex business requirements. This includes scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing and production deployment.
• Ensures delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional requirements.
• Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution.
• Identifies and manages project technical risks.
• Ensures delivered solutions are realized in time frame and cost committed. Works in conjunction with Program Manager to manage scope and risk.
• Provides specialized knowledge within industry domain and frameworks.
• Acts as the mentor to all team members on their assigned project tasks.
• Writing Project Documentation (e.g. Description of Operations, Test Plans & Results)
• Expert that acts as a resource to the organization; pro-actively responds to ad-hoc questions from the field.
• Able to interact with multiple departments.
• Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Electrical / Automation / Robotics / Instrumentation Engineering/Technology
• 10+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Job requirements and skills as presented above
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point, Visio, Access) and Windows operating systems
• Strong communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Capability to travel approximately 15% of the time