SSP Software Development Intern
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 237205
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens PLM Software
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discoveryour career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our summer 2019 Strategic Student Program in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, cloud applications, and research & design innovation. For more information on our specific roles, please see the attached PDF.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from our office in Charlotte, North Carolina without relocation assistance
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Victorious daily foosball tournaments
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Cloud Application Services (CAS)
As an intern in Cloud Application Development (CAS), you will dive into developing our premiere MindSphere software. MindSphere PI is a cloud based Big Data solution providing analytic applications such as KPI, Machine Learning, and Tableau reporting capabilities. You will work within a cross-functional agile scrum development environment, and have the opportunity to learn directly from senior engineers. You will push the limits on project teams, to complete tasks related to:
Requirement analysis or decomposition
Mockups and UI creation
Publishing potentially releasable code – adding or enhancing functionality
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, or a related Engineering field, with prior coding experience
- Programming skills in JAVA, .NET, .NET Core, or Node.js.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts
- Interest in business analysis and big data
- Previous cloud development experience preferred but not required (i.e. AWS or Azure)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration