Engineering Student Intern (STS, DB)
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 237212
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Coralville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Engineering Student Internship
Location: Coralville, IA
Start Date: Summer 2019
# of Positions: 2
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens PLM Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
Our Simulation and Test Solutions (STS) organization creates our Simcenter software products for computer aided engineering. STS tackles flow simulation as well as thermal, structural, acoustic, and composite analysis. We are seeking 4 motivated students who have a strong interest in the different aspects of engineering. You will get the opportunity to:
· Support the dynamics simulation software developed and supported by the Siemens PLM office in Coralville
· Learn about engineering analysis, software development, software support, and software marketing
· Test existing software to verify it performs as intended
· Develop new application software models to use in testing, training, and demonstration
· Collect reference material to use in validating simulation models
· Write documentation explaining how to use software features and how to apply the software to specific application problems
· Assist in training classes to answer participant questions
· Assist product management in updating existing examples and looking for ways to adapt them to new applications
· Compare software results with data from competitors
· Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
· Graduating in 2020 or later
· A good understanding of physics, math, and computer software
· Done work with various software applications running on Microsoft Windows
· Natural interest in mechanical products (cars, bikes, engines, etc.) and computer software applications