Strategic Supply Chain Management Business Partner
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 237214
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Serve as lead SCM Business Partner to SGT Business lines to negotiate best value and maximize the contribution to company profit.
This role will partner with key Business Lines/Functions across the organization to forecast and negotiate changes in pricing, lead time, cap utilization and governmental regulations to advise on alternatives and original sourcing as indicated by market trends. Position is responsible for tracking and measuring cost improvement projects against plan.Benchmarks industry and SCM best practices and incorporates those practices into SCM strategies. Defines and leads key complex projects to execute procurement strategies. Executes procurement processes associated with supplier selection, contract development, negotiation, and supplier management. Optimizes the supply base to leverage spend while ensuring effective competition. Works closely with Program leadership to successfully provide resources and coordinate program specifics as necessary for SCM activities.
• Serve as the strategic lead for key projects that bring exceptional value to the company through total cost reduction, key supplier relationships, commodity focus, supplier consolidation, cost/benefit financial analysis, supplier quality management, and communication
• Lead and develop a team to collaborate and negotiate with key functions, sub- contracts and business lines and affiliates as assigned.
• Enhance Division/BU SCM synergies through coordinated strategies and process on common supplier markets according to Division/BU when there is a win-win.
• Responsible to develop, check accuracy, and post/disseminate of departmental, KPI, and vendor metrics.
• Oversee and facilitate subcontract process to ensure compliance with customer contracts.
• Comply with government and appropriate corporate policies and procedures.
• Manage and facilitate the supplier evaluation program (scorecards) and metrics/reports on on-time delivery, quality, and responsiveness to ensure suppliers are meeting company goals.
• Lead Executive level supplier Master Service Agreement negotiations
• Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to another country.
• Minimum of a BA/BS Business Administration. A MBA is preferred.
• Eight (8) or more years of Subcontracts/Purchasing/Supply chain management experience.
• Experience leading and managing a medium size team. Must have excellent leadership skills and capabilities.
• Continuous improvement driver / change agent
• Strong business insight with a proven track record partnering with business lines for better pricing and value
• Knowledge of government terms and conditions & FAR/DFARs.
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with the ability to effectively converse with all levels of personnel.
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyze market data and trends to identify opportunities for cost savings
• Ability to work multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Professional certification, CPPM or APICS is desired.
Must be US citizen and have the ability to obtain a federal government security clearance, if later required.