Warehouse Coordinator II - Warehouse/Logistics - Bridgeville, PA
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 237236
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Bridgeville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Function: Field Warehouse & Logistics
The warehouse coordinator is responsible for all shipping and receiving activities at the branch warehouse as well as the management and upkeep of the warehouse environment. The warehouse coordinator reports into the regional manager or the warehouse supervisor (if applicable). Additionally, the warehouse coordinator will have daily interaction with branch staff, and acts as a service provider to branch operations – thereby taking some local direction from operations management.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
receiving inbound deliveries, moving parts and materials into inventory and/or job stock, picking parts and materials for outbound deliveries, processing all transactions in SAP according to standard procedure, creating shipping papers using the preferred carriers’ software application, supporting the service van parts replenishment process, keeping accurate inventory levels and participating in the inventory count process as dictated by policy/procedure, executing the goods return procedure for the branch, communicating with internal parties to coordinate delivery of parts and materials to meet project/service demand, retaining documentation necessary for follow-up and proof of delivery and inventory, general housekeeping of the warehouse, enforcing and maintain safety in the warehouse, adhering to standard warehouse guidelines, and following the Siemens' policies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· High School Diploma
· Detail oriented, accurate and organized
· Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook),
· SAP experience – IM and WM modules
· Good written and verbal communication
· Material handling skills/experience – movement of parts and materials (in boxes) using the appropriate handling equipment
· Experience using a forklift (certification needed)
· Safety first attitude
· Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
· Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Associates or Bachelors Degree
- 3 years experience working in a warehouse in a material handling and logistics function
- Variety of supply chain management experience
- Experience working with cross-functions (e.g. project managers, service technicians)
- Customer service experience
· SAP experience – other SCM related modules (Purchasing, Accounting, Planning, etc.)