Business Unit: Regional Solutions & Services Americas
Requisition Number: 237259
Primary Location: United States-Alaska-Fairbanks
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
- Plan, organize, direct, and control all Building Automation construction operations activities on projects to ensure profitable growth. Advise management on local operations planning including resource hiring, development and allocation, financial forecasting, monitoring, and issue resolution planning.
- Manage revenue and gross margin to achieve monthly and annual business plans. Monitor project status and control job costs to maintain margins along with getting billings out in a timely manner monthly.
- Direct and supervise the development of construction work to ensure customer commitments are met within the estimated cost. Oversee supervision of all construction efforts and personnel on assigned jobs. Ensure schedules are maintained and work proceeds in accordance with contractual requirements and customer expectations. Determine resource needs (e.g. staffing, tools) and provide any corresponding documentation.
- Provide technical and operational support for the sales teams, including proper pricing and scope of work definition for project opportunities. Communicate regularly with customers through all phases of the construction work that we perform for them. Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training/development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Assist branch with training and development of operations personnel including training on use of financial reports.
- Ensure the proper implementation of all company policies, procedures, and productivity tools where applicable. Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance of regulatory laws/codes, changes, and requirements. Advise and implement industry/field best practices to improve products, applications, and services.
- Represent Siemens in industry associations, professional organizations, and affiliations while developing relationships with customers, contractors, and community leaders.
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam.
- Required experience: Five years of experience in the installation and maintenance of Building Automation systems including at least two years of supervisory or management experience;
- Core characteristics desired: A principled leader with a high level of integrity and a strong moral foundation.
- Required travel: 5%
- Other requirements:
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to implement cost controls.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent organizational skills: must be able to handle multiple tasks and duties effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license in good standing and be at least 21 years old to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s degree
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.