Sr. Predictive Data Scientist (Data Scientist 4)
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 237268
Primary Location: United States-New York-Tarrytown
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Predictive Data Scientist (Data Scientist 4)
What are my responsibilities?
· Develop re-usable analytic models, configure and deploy models and maintain such models in a data analytics platform
· Conduct exploratory data analysis in high dimensions with different kinds of data, e. g. machine data, process related data, or textual data
· Conduct data exploration, identify relevant data sets and new relations in data
· Select optimal tool and define visualization method/tool to display results
· Develop and test prototypes in an industrial environment, validate and communicates results to answer targeted business questions
· Maintain network to business experts and subject matter experts to understand business data analytics requirements and identify data analytics driven opportunities
· Determine and provide data management, quality, and IT infrastructure requirements
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Successfully completed university degree (Masters or PhD degree preferred) in mathematics, computer science, physics, electrical engineering , or engineering sciences
· Expertise in technologies, algorithms and methodologies in the areas of Data Analytics, Data Mining, Machine Learning with a strong focus on pattern recognition with structured and unstructured data
· Analytical rigor and statistical methods to improve products and understanding the behavior of end-customers and users of data driven insights
· Ability to draw conclusions from data and recommend actions
· Ability to think analytically and rapidly learn complex topics, especially in the field of analysis, evaluation and handling of structured and unstructured / multi-structured data
· At least 5 years of work experience in the domain of data discovery and data science tasks
· Very strong expertise in Qlik Sense, SAS DI Studio, SAS Enterprise Guide, SAS Enterprise Miner, R, Python, TensorFlow or similar data mining Workbenches
· Strong understanding of ETL and BI technologies and Tools
· Strong presentation and communication skills on technical and business level