Vice President, Machinery & Heavy Equipment Industry
Business Unit: Software
Requisition Number: 237273
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Livonia
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Digital Factory offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly-integrated hardware software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide. Siemens PLM Software, a Plano, Texas-based business unit of the Digital Factory Division, is a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) and manufacturing operations management (MOM) software, systems and services with over nine million licensed seats and more than 77,000 customers worldwide.
For more information, please visit:
The Vice President, Machinery & Heavy Equipment Industry is responsible for running the industry business development within Siemens Digital Software Industry Group. The Machinery group is broken down into many different types and products. By definition, the Machine Tool Industry customers are mainly a SMB (small and medium business) market while the Heavy Equipment side tends to be more large enterprise customers. This is very different than the other industries for PL which are mainly large enterprises. Siemens PLM Software is planning to increase the focus on SMB over the next several years with the Machinery Industry as the pilot for cloud, expansion of channel sales, and online digital experiences for both sales and service with customers.
The Machinery Industry is one of Siemens PLM Software’s “big top 4” Industries. The position has responsibilities that look at both inbound product and outbound “Go to Market” perspectives. The position requires interfacing with a diverse set of individuals from CXOs, VP/Chief Engineer/Director of Engineering and Manufacturing, Siemens PLM sales teams, and internal product development and technology and marketing teams.
From an inbound perspective, the position is responsible for shaping our product development priorities, technologies, and portfolio investments. In this portion of the job, the person will have accountability for defining the product directions and investment priorities based on market trends, competitive assessments, customer inputs, and industry knowledge. The individual will have to define and work with the various product groups to help outline and define gaps and priorities and work the product group’s managers and technical teams to define and flush out technical issues and gaps specific to Electronics & Semiconductor solutions.
From an outbound perspective, the position has several dimensions. Partnering with the sales team, the individual will have responsibility for developing “Go to Market” strategies and messaging. Since the Machinery Industry segment is comprised of SMB customers, the go to market requirements are different than most of the industries. Additionally, the individual will have responsibility for speaking at major internal Siemens PLM events and external industry events and forums across the globe. The individual will work with other members of the organization to develop templates and solutions that leverage industry best practices to help customers shorten their deployment times and realize business benefits quicker. The individual will also work with sales teams to help with pursuits of large and key deals.
The individual will have responsibility for developing an industry vertical specific business plan that covers market trends, competitive evaluations, solution & technology gaps, and recommended priorities and actions for sales. The person will also have accountability for working these recommendations and actions with country managers and Industrial Machine tool & Heavy Equipment teams across the globe to optimize market growth and expansion. The business plan must also address M&A priority and targets. The Industry leader will work with a team consisting of Sales resources throughout the globe that are dedicated to this industry along with a marketing resources that also support this industry.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Must have an engineering degree with a MBA a plus and must have extensive experience working in the Machinery and Heavy Industry and experience managing environments that use engineering and manufacturing software applications.
• Minimum 20-30 years of Machinery & Heavy Equipment industry experience with understanding and experience with key industry processes. —Engineering primary, Manufacturing secondary.
• Exposure to CAD/CAM/CAE, PLM or key experiences with Cadence, Mentor, or other PLM systems a plus. MUST COME WITH MAJORITY OF EXPERIENCE ON THE PRODUCT DESIGN SIDE OF THE BUSINESS.
• Having both Engineering and Manufacturing leadership is a plus.
• Must have managed a group that used PLM tools and is familiar with how they are used. (not an expert).
• Ability to travel is required.
Key Leadership Attributes:
• High integrity; Strategic thinking; business acumen; strong technology foundation and interest in technology; good communications; collaborative style with a data driven approach.
• Must be comfortable with diverse work environments.
* This position can be located in various locations in the US.