Global Product Manager Intracardiac Echocardiography
Business Unit: Ultrasound
Requisition Number: 237319
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Issaquah
Other Locations: United States-California-Mountain View
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens Healthineers is the global market leader in Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) catheter products. We are committed to the development of new technologies and application in the field of Interventional Cardiology and Electrophysiology to strengthen our leadership position. The Business Area Ultrasound has an opportunity for a high performing Global Product Manager who will be responsible to shape the future of our ICE catheter products ecosystem.
The Global Product Manager Intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) is responsible for the overall success of assigned ICE Catheter Products within a highly-competitive market space, from conception and development, to launch.
Close customer relationships and cross functional collaboration with all functions within the broader Siemens Ultrasound Product Management and R&D team, as well as with our Marketing and Sales, Service, Supply Chain Management departments and external business partners. A customer - obsessed approach with excellent communication and presentation skills is required.
You must possess a unique blend of business, clinical, and technical savvy, contributing to and making the strategic vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to witness, document and clearly communicate observations and insights that lead to innovative solutions for the product line. The position will be based in Issaquah, Washington or Mountain View, California.
Join the innovation leader in medical imaging and help shape the future of ultrasound imaging.
- Lead product definition for product releases, ensuring new products meet the clearly prioritized clinical, operational, and financial needs of target cardiovascular customers.
- Develop the Requirement Specifications for new/current product offerings by analyzing the clinical, economical, regulatory and social trends that drive product innovation and affect product utility.
- Play a leadership role in a multi-disciplinary team (Product Steering Group) for new and sustaining product development.
- Create and validate compelling and differentiated Clinical, Operational and Financial Value Propositions to attract market attention that motivate potential ultrasound customers to select Siemens Healthineers products
- Develop, maintain and clearly communicate a deep understanding of competitive strengths, weaknesses, and strategic directions.
- Owner of product roadmaps for assigned product(s) with clear market and business justification to drive the overall business.
- Develop and maintain rigorous and sophisticated financial business cases, models and scenarios for new product releases and total product lifecycles. Lead comprehensive business reviews for assigned products.
- Coordinate and support the internal and external clinical evaluations of new product offerings and system upgrades. Communicate clinical results to the cross-functional design team.
- Support the Sales and Marketing team to provide guidance and recommendation to develop the Go-to-Market plans.
- Support the Sales/Customer Training teams by providing Train-the-Trainer materials and Knowledge Transfer.
- Perform/participate in market research activities such as focus groups, customer interviews, trade shows and professional meetings.
- Lead by example in supporting a culture of excellence, high expectations, quality, compliance, collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Keep an external focus at all times through regular on-site customer visits with an emphasis on developing unique customer insights that guide the development of breakthrough products
- Significant ultrasound, electrophysiology, interventional cardiology or similar, industry experience (5+ years) in successful product management.
- Proven leadership, ownership, and collaboration skills in cross-functional product development and commercial environments
- Truly global perspective and demonstrated understanding of variations in Regional Ultrasound Use Cases, Multi-Modality Care Pathways and Healthcare Delivery systems
- Ability to travel globally without restriction
- Demonstrated ability to “see over the horizon” and predict future clinical trends, enterprise requirements, and user expectations to enable innovative “first” product offerings
- Flexible ability to work under pressure and meet short and long term deadlines
- Highly proactive “bias for action” and ability to operate with minimal guidance in alignment with corporate goals, philosophies and practices
- Exceptional presentation development and delivery skills
- A strong natural bias for and demonstrated skill in customer-validated product input requirements and performance assessments
- Formal training or equivalent experience in Differential Value Proposition development and testing
- Clinical collaboration set-up and management
- Direct experience in a customer facing role: downstream marketing, commercial sales, field applications or equivalent
- BS/BA in biomedical engineering, clinical science, biomedical sciences, MBA or equivalent combination of education and experience