Analyst - Energy Finance
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 237322
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness. As of September, 30, 2014, the total, global SFS assets amount to $27.9 billion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/financial-services.htm
Are you a recent college graduate with an interest in Energy Finance? Join Us! The analyst position will offer you the chance to enhance your financial and analytical skills while expanding your knowledge of investment banking/debt capital markets in the project finance area of energy sector finance. You will work with SFS personnel to diligence investment opportunities and interface with financial Sponsors on the debt financing of projects of varying technologies, including thermal, solar, wind, and hydro based power generation projects in North America and South America. As an Analyst you will:
- be directly involved in transaction analysis, structuring, and the risk approval process for energy sector investment opportunities
- prepare financial models and analyze financial statements for investment presentations
- participate in transaction due diligence and structuring
- research financial Sponsors, energy markets, industries, and off-takers
- develop credit, negotiation, and comparative analysis skills
- interface with senior management, financial Sponsors and assist on special projects
- Good analytical skills and general understanding / knowledge of investment banking / debt capital markets.
- Basic understanding of the energy sector, including:
- Power Generation
- Renewable Technologies
- Power Transmission and Distribution
- Oil and Gas Exploration and Production
- Attend Bank Meetings for prospective transactions and participate in deal packaging / submittal process by assisting the Risk Managers with obtaining necessary diligence materials for the Credit Report and other appropriate underwriting documents;
- As analytical and energy industry experience is gained, the Analyst should begin providing greater assistance to the Risk Management staff;
- Proficiency with various computer hardware and software applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Capable Excel-based cash flow modeling skills, including the ability to appropriately sensitize models;
- Skilled in research and due diligence;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Responsive and provide ongoing support to business development and risk management personnel;
- Improve knowledge and skill set through select, targeted education opportunities.
- Attend industry seminars and courses focused on credit skills, financial statement analysis, portfolio management, project finance and the energy industry.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, economics, or other quantitative subject
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Some experience in financial services or in the energy sector through relevant internships, coursework or other experience is a plus
- Detail-oriented and possess solid organizational skills;
- Ability to interact well with others in a team environment;
- Ability to operate in a high volume, time pressured environment while maintaining a positive focus;
- High degree of willingness to learn, flexibility, energy, and initiative.