Senior Risk Manager - Asset Finance
Business Unit: Industry and Healthcare Finance
Requisition Number: 237328
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Are you a high performing professional with expertise in equipment finance? Siemens Financial Services is actively looking for a senior underwriter professional to join their Asset Finance (AF) team within the Industry and Healthcare Business Unit (IHF). You will focus on credit underwriting and portfolio management with an emphasis on structured transportation lending (rail, marine, inter-modal, structured over-the-road, rotary, and commercial aviation) and equipment leasing for new and existing customers. You will be working as a team lead on financing opportunities throughout the underwriting, credit approval, and documentation and closing processes. You will also be responsible for account management activities including, quarterly portfolio reviews, covenant tracking, financial statement analysis, and the completion of various internal modeling tools such as projection modeling and stress testing (cradle-to-grave).
- Lead role in the execution of structured debt and leasing transactions with companies across a variety of industries.
- Manage the execution of credit transactions, including due diligence, identification of all relevant risks and mitigating factors, development of a coherent investment rationale, and presentation of the ultimate credit approval request.
- Responsible for the projection modeling and stress testing for live and contemplated transactions.
- Lead and assist deal team with the structuring and documentation of debt transactions, including liaising with both the internal and external counsel to ensure the effectiveness and compliance of all proposed structures.
- Maintain continued oversight of portfolio companies, including delivery of proactive recommendations and managing draws, amendments, and/or restructuring processes.
- Maintain regular contact with internal teams to ensure a smooth execution process.
- Ensure compliance with Siemens policies and internal reporting requirements
- BA/BS in finance, economics or accounting preferred. MBA is a plus.
- Ten years plus of credit analysis or investment related experience.
- Preferably, including the completion of credit training from a large international investment bank or a smaller institution with focus on middle to large ticket ($5MM-$75MM) businesses.
- Ability to work as a lead member of a fast-paced, transaction oriented deal team requiring extensive interaction, collaboration, and negotiation skills with internal and external customers.
- Deep knowledge of cash flow, projection modeling and stress testing, structuring, transportation and manufacturing industry, and asset financing – rail, marine, inter-modal, structured over-the-road, rotary, and commercial aviation.
- Prior experience underwriting Lead Arranger, Sole Bank, and Club transactions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Solid professional writing skills, particularly in preparation of credit memos and relevant documents and announcements.
- Willingness to travel as needed.