Business Unit: Process Automation
Requisition Number: 237372
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/process-industries-and-drives.htm
Siemens Process Industries & Drives is seeking an Industrial Engineer to support the Process Automation division in Houston, TX.
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for designing and improving manufacturing systems at the mechanical, electrical, and software levels. The position's focus is not just on physical manufacturing systems; it includes the enablement (sensing and acquisition) and use of data (analytics) around manufacturing systems to drive increases in productivity, product quality, and business feedback. This individual will provide process and equipment support for various areas of the operation and lead continuous improvement and innovation projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in manufacturing mixed with a strong skillset in data analysis and information technology. He/she will support zero harm and zero defects culture created by processes well defined, documented and implemented. Further, this individual will utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
- Design, plan and improve manufacturing operations, processes, and systems to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance expectations
- Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems
- Implement tools, such as Digital Work Instructions, Computer Aided Process Planning, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools
- Support the instrumentation, control, connectivity, and analytic solutions around manufacturing equipment and operational assets
- Lead initiatives to reduce production errors and improve product quality across manufacturing systems
- Use Lean methods to identify wastes and suggest actions, initiatives or projects to eliminate them
- Define a time study methodology to create visibility in process time and to have a clear cost base data
- Define and implement process, material and information flow to create transparency across the board
- Evaluates and creates manufacturing processes; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Responsible to keep the facility lay-out up to date and use it to suggest process improvements and future states
- Work place design focus in Lean Cell Design and ergonomic approach.
- Solid professional judgment and problem-solving competence
- Provide mentoring to junior engineers and other non-technical groups
- Perform cost and benefit analysis
- Participate in Lean implementation and technology roadmap definition
- Define mechanisms to capture all nonproductive activities (NCC’s, Rework hours, time utilization, etc.) and define/suggest countermeasures
- Develop and maintain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside the organization
- Act as a role model and adviser to junior members of the team to facilitate learning, consistency, and technical depth of the team
- Create a routing system in SAP and analyze SAP data related to workload and process time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field
- 5-8 years’ experience working in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineer or related experience (Focus on Manufacturing processes)
- Experience with workspace layout, lean manufacturing, ergonomic and time studies
- MTM, REFA or any other time study methodology
- SAP Data Management
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes (software like Tecnomatix, QUEST, Delmia, etc..)
- Visual and manual dexterity to perform daily computer functions
- Ability to concentrate for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in and around an office environment
- Green or black belt certification
- Lean certification
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.