Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Siemens Industry, Inc. has an opening for a Head of Supply Chain Management for the Process Solutions business unit. This position, based in Alpharetta, GA or Houston, TX, reports to the SLN CFO and works closely with the regional sales and project execution teams. The position will be responsible for the SCM activities in North America (Canada, USA and Mexico), developing, implementing and maintaining the SCM strategy to generate a substantial contribution to the success of the business.
- Develop, align, and effectively execute advanced sourcing strategies
- Implement and drive Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, evaluation, development, initiatives, control) in alignment with the global Business Unit strategy
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to ensure the achievement of the business targets
- Establish, maintain, and develop a high performing SCM team; responsibilities include recruiting, training, performance feedback, and coaching
- Responsible for driving compliance to policies and standard work procedures
- Responsible for leading efforts to establish standard procedures and controls in the region, in alignment with the global SCM organization.
- Support Cost and Value Engineering as well as Commodity Management activities, to identify and realize cost reduction opportunities
- Ensure implementation and development of Business Unit initiatives and programs (sustainability, guidelines, risk management and internal controls)
- Ensure reporting and controlling of defined information and figures to create transparency in SCM activities.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business administration or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 8-10 years of experience in strategic procurement (project or solutions business) or supply chain management or comparable business function is required
- Capacity to work in a global, cross-functional organization
- Travel up to 30% both domestic and international, as needed to support job scope
- High degree of complexity; strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated management leadership ability with teams up to 10 persons
- Experience utilizing financial and data-driven techniques to make decisions
- Proven experience negotiating with suppliers
- Ability to influence through effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Ability to balance workload and achieve key deliverables
- Collaborative approach to working with cross functional teams
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with Siemens’ SCM tools (SCM STAR, SCM CoRe, Siemens Exchange, ASD)
- Familiarity with Project Management@Siemens
- Familiarity with solutions business
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)