Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237423
Primary Location: United States-Delaware-Newark
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Glasgow Consumables Manufacturing produces high quality diagnostic tests used on several different platforms (Dimension, Vista, IMT, Status, Syva, ADVIA, Atellica) in clinical laboratories throughout the world. The Testing Laboratory at Glasgow performs various analytical tests on raw materials, semi-finished materials and finished products to assure that our customers receive products that conform to strict specifications.
The LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) Business Analyst will support all of Consumables Manufacturing at Glasgow for testing data related issues. This position interacts with chemists, chemical technicians, QC technicians, QA administrative clerks, Inventory operators, and IT personnel (including hardware and software resources). The nature of these interactions includes answering questions, acquiring system requirements, troubleshooting LIMS problems, attending/facilitating meetings, implementing software application setups, software validations and training.
LIMS Business Analyst responsibilities includes but not limited to system setup, system troubleshooting, and performing training. LIMS Business Analyst provides technical details on system configuration and maintenance of testing data on FDA part 11 compliant system used for product release.
1. Participate in the development of software system function requirements.
2. Provides guidance on Requirement documents for LIMS changes
3. Performs validations on LIMS changes using requirements/test case documents.
4. Designs user training procedures and conducts user trainings as necessary.
5. Design testing template for all new methods in LIMS
6. Coordinates changes with system programmers.
7. Maintain LIMS tables that support data processing.
8. Support extraction data processing from different platforms.
9. Creates and monitors LIMS user accounts
10. Creates LIMS based Certificate of Analysis (COA) templates.
11. Create and update testing worksheets (SOPs)
· Working to drive adoption of organizational and/or system related changes to achieve desired business results, including greater utilization and higher proficiency.
· Acting as a change mentor for business owners and employees helping them transition through the change process.
· Incumbent is responsible for understanding and complying with Siemens’s Standards for Business.
· Conduct and is always expected to conduct themselves and their work activities in an ethical manner.
· You will be responsible for understanding the Quality Management System (QMS).
· You will be expected to work safely and follow established safety policies and procedures.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in computer science
2. Intermediate understanding of MS Office 2010
3. At least 3 years of experience working as software developer using relational databases (preferable Oracle).
4. At least 2 years of experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems (Preferable Sample Manager).
5. At least 5 years of experience as Business Analyst on Healthcare industry.
6. Intermediate understanding of VBA.
7. VGL knowledge is a plus.
This position requires attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and good prioritization skills.
Knowledge of business processes is plus.