Junior Software Developer - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 237443
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-East Pittsburgh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Our customers are infrastructure operators and mainline railways all around the world as well as industrial railways and public transport authorities in cities and megacities.
Our products and systems are used for automating our customers' operations management processes and thus make a considerable contribution to improving their economic situation in particular and mobility in general.
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, specification, validation, and verification.
- Develop, maintain, document, test, and verify real-time microprocessor-based software applications.
- Conduct feasibility, proof of concept, and prototyping activities.
- Adhere to established guidelines and processes to meet technical standards and ensure maintainability.
- Demonstrate both written and verbal communications skills to develop plans, specifications, reports, etc. Effectively communicate complex and technical concepts to ensure that they are well understood.
- Demonstrate ability to debug, troubleshoot, and isolate hardware and software issues.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer, or software engineering, or related degree.
Some proficiency with C programming language and in-circuit development / debugging tools
Some proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting skills.
Proficiency in verbal communications, presentation, and technical writing skills.
Some proficiency in Microsoft Office tools.
Periodic travel up to 25%.
- Entry level position, but intern experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of MISRA and IEEE standards pertaining railroad vehicle systems / software.
- Experience with test equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, digital data recorders, and multi-meters.
- Experience with requirements management tools, such as DOORS.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.