Mechanical Engineer (Technical Support)- Painted Post, NY
Business Unit: Service Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 237461
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 30%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit:
- Respond to all field technical questions concerning engineering for commercial gas compressors and gas engines, installation, start-up operation, maintenance, testing and troubleshooting.
- Develop, maintain, revise and upgrade repair standards for commercial gas compressors and engines.
- Participate in technical conferences and roundtables as a presenter or resource leader.
- Provide occasional on-site technical assistance.
- Act as an instructor in customer technical training program.
- Act as the technical resource in partnerships and strategic alliances with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Mechanical Engineering or related concentration
- 8 + years of relevant experience in mechanical engineering
- 3 years of experience in technical support (compressors, gas compression, etc.)
- Willingness to be on-call 24-7 for technical support
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering computational methods
- Knowledge of design procedures and test technology
- Demonstrated acquired leadership skills
- Required amount of travel 30%
- Experience in the design, operation and maintenance of reciprocating gas compressors and engines
- Experience in failure analysis
- Knowledge of reciprocating gas compressor performance theory and calculations