Biochemist 1 - Antibody/ Protein Purification
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237471
Primary Location: United States-Indiana-Elkhart
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
- Employs various chromatography techniques for purification of antibodies and other proteins according to established procedures.
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots different chromatography equipment.
- Completes production documentation in an accurate and expedient manner aligned with cGDP practices.
- Performs qualification of new equipment for use in manufacturing.
- Assists in troubleshooting problems and writing of SOPs for manufacturing
- B.S. in biology, chemistry or related discipline.
- Knowledge of GMP/ISO is a plus.
- Proven good writing and laboratory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- The successful candidate will be proficient in time management, possess well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit attention to detail.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.