Business Unit: Communications and Government Affairs
Requisition Number: 237513
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness. As of September, 30, 2014, the total, global SFS assets amount to $27.9 billion.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/financial-services.htm
As the Communications Manager for Siemens Financial Services, you will be responsible for leading and implementing corporate communication activities, including media relations, employee & executive communications, online marketing, as well as marketing communication & sales development across the SFS Americas organization regionally, and for projects & initiatives as part of the global SFS CC team.
- Guide implementation and administration of company’s communications policies, guidelines, programs and standards.
- Set up and monitors regional business unit-related communications programs and ensures quality standards for communications operations and processes across organization.
- Ensure consistency with overall SFS communications strategy and respective local regulations.
- Manage completion of communication budget planning and related reporting. Decides and allocates financial and personnel resources with guidance from Head of SFS CC AM.
- Act as advisor to SFS’s leadership team in all communications-related issues. Also, advise local SFS Inc. CFO and regional executive team on communications-related topics.
- Liaise with external parties (i.e. vendors, clients) in contractual matters related to communications services, within given authority levels. Manages agency relationships (as needed) and ensures KPIs are met.
- Ensure effective cooperation with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage marketing communications projects for all relevant channels
- Work with internal subject matter experts as well as external agencies to develop program content and articles for trade publications and internal publications
- Support major external speaking engagements of senior executives
- Lead and execute annual strategic communications planning process
- Reports to the head of SFS’s Corporate Communications (CC) Americas which services all business units and central functions for the SFS business
- Communicates consistent messages through internal and external channels (media outreach, employee communication, traditional advertising and events).
- Oversees internal communication strategy for SFS Americas including monthly newsletter, and various Siemens Social Network/internal social media groups, encouraging shift to collaborative and digital platforms.
- Manages relationships with external stakeholders and agencies using strong negotiating skills.
- Responsible for developing the design and creation of marketing and communication activities for SFS Americas to support company’s business strategy.
- Designs and drives SFS Americas sales efforts by developing and implementing regional and global marketing communication initiatives (leadership talking points, presentations, articles, press material, etc.) & sales tools (brochures, presentations, promotional items, sales scripts, case studies, etc.).
- Collaborate with Siemens Marketing & Communication communities (Siemens Corporation, regional communication leads, SFS regions and global HQ, Division communicators, etc.) to enhance SFS’ brand and positioning among internal stakeholders.
- Creates and drives integrated, global communication strategy for SFS globally by collaborating with leadership, sales, Siemens Divisions, SFS CC, US CC, country communication leads, and various business stakeholders on highly visible projects.
- Champions initiatives to encourage use of online channels to communicate SFS offerings to internal and external customers (internet, e-Marketing collateral, intranet, online advertising, social networks).
- Develops and edits content in coordination with SFS business messages and offerings on website, social media channels, whitepapers, internal articles, leadership messages, organizational announcements, executive talking points, executive presentations, marketing collateral, training material, and press material.
- Implements communication and marketing related best practices across vertical business units and provide guidance on communications topics. Responsible for leveraging internal and external resources to maximize marketing investments.
- Responsible as marketing communication liaison among Siemens Corp., Divisions and SFS global to help achieve appropriate visibility for SFS by leveraging resources optimally.
- Leads the administration of policies governing the dissemination of public and employee information, including distribution list maintenance.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in marketing, communication or related field preferred.
- 8 - 10 years marketing communications experience.
- Siemens experience or related experience in the financial services industry required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to interact with executives, business units and key customer contacts.
- Ability to define customer needs and translate into marketing materials.
- Highly developed influencing relationship and influencing skills for effective interaction
- Strategic thinking with strong execution
- Knowledge of research tools and ability to develop templates to gather information
- Solid analytical capabilities, evaluating financial and business implications
- Highest level of personal and corporate integrity
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Skilled at negotiating with external vendors.
- Knowledge of HTML, web editing tools a plus