Software Embedded Developer
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 237517
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Features and responsibilities of this position include:
- Designing and developing exciting new features for our evolving flagship products
- Exhibit the personality of one who dreams to be part of a dynamic and agile software team in a highly reciprocal environment
- Planning, estimating, and executing work packages within the framework of a modern iterative software development process
- Participating in reviewing customers' standards specifications and other documentation to determine software engineering requirements
Required technical skill set:
- Background in C/C++ programming (2+ years)
- Deep understanding of embedded technologies
- Deep understanding of OOD (object-oriented design)
- BS/BA in a related discipline, or advanced degree. Typically 2+ years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.
Desired technical skill set:
- Familiarity with Linux Operating Environment
- Familiarity with Java and database design a plus
- Understanding of various communications methods, IP, serial, SNMP, etc .
- Familiarity with programming in iOS/Android OS also a plus
- Experience with client-server systems or distributed software design
Soft skill set:
- Strong Analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills to function within an AGILE team setting fostering collaboration with developers and testers.