Risk Manager - Private Equity - Infrastructure
Business Unit: Equity Finance
Requisition Number: 237520
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Other Locations: United States-Georgia-Atlanta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Financial Services Americas co-invests equity in Infrastructure Projects in the Americas with a focus on Power, Oil & Gas, Transportation and Hospital sectors. As a Risk Manager (RM) you will partner with an Originator to evaluate and negotiate all aspects of potential investments. You will be a deal team member focused on the risk elements of a transaction and compliance with Siemens equity investment policies. Following the financial close of a deal, you will lead all asset management activities including: monitoring construction and operations, project market valuations, and project governance. You will act as the Siemens representative on the board of directors of specific portfolio companies.
Qualifications (necessary to perform job):
- Capital Markets/Structured Finance Background
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Engineering or equivalent required
Proficiency in Spanish is required. Fluency is preferred.
- 7 years minimum experience in energy project finance risk management/origination or Private Equity structuring & asset management.
- Must have experience in transaction contracts and structuring
- Broad deal experience across infrastructure; deal process (Public Private Partnerships, International Tenders and Bi-laterals), sectors (Transportation, Hospitals and Energy), jurisdictions (US, Canada and LATAM)
- Advanced understanding of markets in the Americas
- Proficiency in financial modeling, (MS Excel). Project Finance modeling experience preferred
- Strong analytical and critical reasoning skills, to include fundamental asset valuation skills
- Ability to build relationships, work in a team environment with limited supervision, and demonstrate initiative and tenacity completing work-streams with short deadlines
- Willingness to travel, including internationally and on short notice
- Transaction structuring and diligence, including negotiating directly with co-investors and co-managing multiple diligence workstreams.
- Asset monitoring, including monitoring project construction progress and tracking operational performance.
- Participation as a board member in portfolio companies.
- Portfolio management reporting, including preparation of internal reporting and coordination with accounting and business administration.
- Maintaining complex project models, including preparation of project valuations supported by defensible inputs during deal due diligence and asset management phases.
- Insure compliance with internal policies and guidelines for all due diligence and asset management activities.
- Continuous development of regional US, Canadian and LATAM market construct knowledge and expertise.