Service Engineering Manager OEC-GA-TX
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 237573
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Houston
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Operations and Engineering Center is looking for a Service Engineering Manager to supervise and develop our Power, Drives, and Automation service engineers while working in conjunction with the sales, proposal, procurement and manufacturing groups in our Alpharetta, GA and facility and globally. Role may also be located in Houston, TX.
Here, you’ll be managing resources for Marine, Minerals, Fiber and onshore/offshore Oil and Gas projects from the onset (bids) through customer acceptance. This will entail defining manpower scheduling; assess risk and change, and resource management activities. In this challenging role, you’ll also need to supervise, develop and motivate the engineering team (approx. 12-20) full time and contract employees) during the emergency calls, scheduled maintenance, service contracts , estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and through warranty of assigned projects.
More responsibilities for this position will include:
• Completes complex estimates
• Interfaces with customers on engineering and commercial issues.
• Coordinates with all internal entities (e.g. project engineering,purchasing, project management, sales)
• Executes service projects within the defined requirements (e.g. budget, time functionality)
• Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer and ensures professional stakeholder management.
• Ensures timely decision on open issues, escalating if necessary.
• Manages organization unit assigned and motivates/develops dedicated employees.
• Implements guidelines and defines functional policies, processes, or methods to fulfill the engineering strategy.
• Plans and allocates resources and budgets to engineering projects or activities.
• Drives the development of technical standards and procedures for system engineering.
• Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
• Ensures compliance with Safety standards, safety training for staff, and memberships
• Ensures team members have certified tested tools
• Ensures a proficient and capable workforce to conduct the engineering and service activities in time and quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
• Technical proficiency
o Must be familiar with industrial power, drives, and automation engineering principles
o Must have experience in Marine, Minerals, Fiber industries and Oil &Gas
• Minimum 8 years’ combined experience in the above industries designing and implementing projects
• Average 10-20% travel
• Previous management experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.