Commodity Management Professional
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 237574
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
In this function, the Commodity Manager is responsible for the sourcing, negotiation and supplier strategy coordination within Mobility Division, Rolling Stock - Traction Drive Business Unit. Additionally, all outside Procurement support from other Siemens organizations will be coordinated and guided by the Commodity Manager for Rolling Stock - Traction Drives. This role will report jointly into the Head of Bogie & Traction Drives BU Controller Mobility U.S. and Head of Mobility RS TD Strategic Procurement.
Define and implement Procurement strategies based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long-term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality.
- Prepare and conduct negotiations to obtain best value with support of Category Management from interconnected BU in some cases.
- Monitor the markets worldwide to create a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the best suppliers.
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance.
- Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. CNI; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent.
- Support Supplier Management processes (e.g. qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification); update supplier evaluation systems to obtain and develop the best suppliers and ensure transparency and high procurement quality.
- Ensure a close cooperation with Internal Customers to ensure customer care and early involvement.
- Forward systematically all relevant Procurement related project information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants up to date.
- Leverage Siemens U.S. Procurement network where possible and support close collaboration within MO SCM.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 5-10 years of experience in procurement functions and cross functional experience gained through production organization preferred.
- Contract Management, contract negotiations with outside 3rd Party Suppliers. (professional)
- Project Management skills (intermediate /professional )
- Capability to quickly analyze processes, develop own solutions out of analyze and implement solutions in Rolling Stock - Traction Drives business.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Develops very complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users. Resolves very complex delivery, quality or other related problems with purchases and invoices. Develops project plans and purchasing systems; reviews and analyzes requisitions and supply plans for domestic and international purchases. Negotiates prices, terms and quality requirements; develops requests for quotes and develops new supply sources; evaluates market conditions. Guides value analysis to identify cost improvements, develops cost saving proposals including make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing and vendor evaluation criteria.Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
Demonstrates and applies comprehensive knowledge of field of specialization to the successful completion of complex assignments. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization. Demonstrates significant knowledge of organization's business practices and issues faced and contributes to problem resolution of those issues. Typically 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above. Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable.