Sr. Business Excellence Professional (Lean Six Sigma)
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 237619
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Sr. Business Excellence Professional (BEP) will report to the product line Business Excellence Manager. The BEP is responsible for continuous improvement efforts for Painted Post. Successful candidate will take a direct hands-on role in implementing measurement systems analysis, process capability improvements, and root cause/corrective action. Must be able to effectively utilize and influence cross-organizational resources to achieve both individual and team goals. The role will be responsible for training both hourly and salaried employees in Lean best practices. The ability to function in a complex environment, influence and communicate effectively is essential to success.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Improve on-time delivery & cycle time.
- Elimination of waste in the manufacturing areas.
- Provide leadership and facilitate continuous and break-through innovations and process improvements.
- Support the enterprise wide Operational Excellence program by managing Continuous Improvement Projects at each plant site ensuring that best practices are implemented across the operations.
- Identify, develop, and manage projects that will drive Manufacturing Excellence within the operations.
- Assist in the creation and/or improvement of Operational Excellence culture.
- Coach and mentor employees in the application of the appropriate process innovation tools to ensure teams/projects are successful in meeting project goals.
- Advise product line management and provide strategic direction on Operational Excellence project selection, integration, resource alignment and prioritization.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of improvement projects and serve as a liaison to the site leadership team.
- Ensure best practices are implemented across the operations.
- Provide strategic direction on improvement project selection, integration, resource alignment and prioritization.
- Identify internal training needs and implement appropriate training.
- Project management design and implementation for BE Projects and Kaizen Events.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- BS Degree in engineering, quality or related field
- Certification as Lean Six-Sigma Green Belt.
- 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing, quality or business improvement.
- 5 years of proven “Lean” experience eliminating waste in the work environment.
- Proven capability in facilitating and leading change management.
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well in teams, with a proven ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Proven effective in coaching and mentoring others.
- Successfully builds relationships and networks in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication at all levels.
- Proven ability to be highly organized leader
- Propensity to pursue goals with energy and persistence.
- Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Oracle/SAP preferred
- Certification as Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt.
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence, business acumen, and change management skills.