Aeroderivative Gas Turbine Asset Manager
Business Unit: Power & Gas (PG)
Requisition Number: 237625
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Orlando
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Aeroderivative Gas Turbine Asset Manager
Preferred location is either Orlando or Houston. However, we will consider remote locations for the right expertise.
Are you ready to work in a startup like environment for a global powerhouse? Do you thrive in strategic roles? The Operations team at Siemens Power Generation Services is looking for a dynamic Asset Manager to develop strategy and lead the charge globally in alignment with the Power Generation Service Regions and external repair suppliers.
• Develop asset strategy which serves sales plan, repair shop load and notable requirements.
• Leading the utilization of our assets to be sure we are getting a good return on our investment
• Identifying potential assets & due diligence
• Build and process Inventory Acquisition Authorizations
• Negotiating acquisition deal and run PO process
• Purchase of assets (working with Region, legal, SCM…)
• Work with Parts group and repair shops to optimize build for each asset. (select OEM, aftermarket, rotable or repaired parts)
• Work across the organization to orchestrate overhaul & repair loading with asset plan.
• Maintain storage and preservation protocols
• Transportation/logistics, dispatching assets to Regions & customers
• Responsible for the returned exchange asset and be accountable for asset financials
• Work with Regions, field service and repair shops for onsite re-configuration.
What you will need to know and have done to be successful?
• Strong financial acumen, ability to evaluate Aeroderivitve equipment market values, handles total asset & refurbishment investment.
• Intimate knowledge of Aeroderivitve maintenance philosophy, procedures, tooling and labor requirements.
• Project management skills in power generation and industrial environments.
• Global logistics experience and applying / proposing INCO terms.
• Ability to collaborate with sales and engineering to support commercial campaigns.
• Prior experience working in a multinational team.
• Ability to quickly build network and working relationship with internal and external suppliers & partners.
• Experience developing and implementing cost reduction and process optimization.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred but you can substitute for years of experience.
• 10+ years of substantial experience
Ability to travel 25%
You move to the front of the pack if you have:
-Hands-on Aeroderivative Turbine experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we would like to meet you.