Lead Proposal Engineer (Marine Vertical)
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 237643
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit:
We are looking for a highly organized and motivated self-starter who is able to manage all aspects of our proposals. This position requires you to drive the process to prepare and deliver high-quality technical proposals and cost estimates for technical and engineered Solutions in the marine industry. As a Marine Proposal Manager you will work with the Marine team’s Business Developers, Project Managers, Engineers, Supply Chain, Finance Contracts, Pricing and HR staff members in managing, developing and shaping the Proposal Strategy in terms of identifying competitive differentiators, defining the flow and organization of the proposal, to create the storyline for a winning proposal. You will coordinate the proposal preparation activities as a working manager, and are responsible for a timely submission that is not just compliant but captures the essence of the customer’s requirements. The scope of customer deliverables may include Siemens and third party equipment, design engineering, testing, installation and commissioning.
· Organizes and leads the bid strategy and concept development meeting with the relevant team members (engineering, project management, sales) to identify and optimize the solution.
· Prepares RFQ bid packages for products and services and works closely with Procurement to obtain competitive pricing and to ensure commercial requirements are addressed.
· Prepare and conduct Proposal Kick-Off and “Tag-Up” status meetings.
· Manage proposal planning and scheduling. Develop detailed proposal plans, where required, then create and track schedules and budgets.
· “Shredding” the RFP to create compliance matrices, annotated outlines, and page budgeting based upon evaluation criteria and other determinants.
· Subject Matter Expert to evaluate RFP’s Solution Development, Win Themes & Discriminators, and then track and apply outcomes to the proposal.
· Ensure proposal activities are executed in accordance with pertinent legal regulations and Company policies / procedures, and, where permissible, tailor processes and procedures as required by the size, scope, scale and timing of the opportunity.
· Report on status (when required) to senior management for key opportunities.
· Participates in the Review process and/or obtains management approval on bid release in accordance with established procedures.
· Organizes and leads team members in the identification and quantification of potential Risks and Opportunities associated with the project.
· Prepares the cost/price estimate for the total solution and performs a cost/price analysis of the individual products as well as the solution.
· Prepares the final bid package to include, technical specification, RFP compliance response, drawings, schedule and other supporting documents as needed.
· Provides technical support to Sales and participates in on site customer visits as needed.
· Create pre-proposal artifacts such as writer guides, proposal communications plans, and requirements-driven outlines.
· Participate in de-briefs and develop lessons learned for future proposal efforts.
· Support development of proposal resource library (both text and visual aids).
· Must be a US Citizen and meet the US Governments requirements to obtain and hold a US Security Clearance.
· BS Electrical Engineering or related degree; however, will consider work experience in lieu of degree.
· Minimum ten (10) years relevant experience in the Marine Industry managing Marine electrification, automation and propulsion technical solutions and proposals for either commercial or Federal Government proposal efforts including project cost estimation and technical writing.
· Working knowledge of Government Procurement regulations (FAR / DFARS, et al.) and procurement integrity ethics and strictures is preferred.
· Proven ability to lead, manage, and influence high-performing teams without authority and to adjust leadership style as the situation requires.
· Proven success in running structured and “impromptu” proposal efforts including managing multiple proposals. Should be experienced in prioritizing and professionally managing expectations.
· Ability to clearly articulate detailed methods and best practices for managing a proposal development effort.
· Expert writing and editing skills and excellent communication skills
· Working knowledge/experience with MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, Privia, SharePoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
· Previous experience selecting and quoting automation systems, drives and/or power systems
· Previous experience in quoting large Single Source Vendor (SSV) or Integrator (SSI) Solutions for Marine Projects is preferred
· Ability to travel 10%.
· Project Management experience or PMP®, APMP® or similar credential is a plus.
· Knowledge of Siemens products is a plus.
Candidate must be US citizen and the position will require you to obtain a US Security Clearance upon coming aboard with SGT.