Engineer, Sr Staff - Systems Engineer/Project Manager
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 237663
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Flanders
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthcare
At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
Siemens Healthineers develops innovations that support better patient outcomes with greater efficiencies, giving providers the confidence they need to meet the clinical, operational and financial challenges of a changing healthcare landscape.
Systems Engineer/Project Manager
Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc. is seeking a responsible, professional and self-motivated individual to fill an open position in our Automation and Connectivity Platforms System Engineering team. As an integral member of this team, candidates will be expected to make a significant contribution towards achieving customer satisfaction goals.
Designs, maintains, enhances, tests, and implements very complex systems and solutions. Guides reviews of very complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine engineering requirements. Develops presentations of very complex technical findings and developments. Mentors and leads project teams by applying practices and leadership techniques in directing all aspects of product development activities within a project. Guides the quality process through the execution of very complex systems and solution. Must be highly effective at leading people without having direct functional authority over those same people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Interfaces and leads discussions across cross-functional teams, engaging executive management to ensure consistency in solution development and implementation
· Applies Project Management principals to engage the Engineering teams in creating plans and schedules that are the basis of the overall Project Team commitments to the business
· Tracks the progress against commitments and leads the team in issue resolution when challenges appear
· Guides very complex technical interchange and knowledge transfer for both processes and application of products to system design
· Develops complex system of system diagrams, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up
· Integrate and test multiple instruments and informatics products
· Lead integration testing by developing, planning and managing the testing
· Provides support to the project team and business during audits by various internal and external agencies
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Experience in Project and Program Management disciplines
· Ability to analyze project constraints and find opportunities instead of seeing the constraints as unchanging barriers
· Needs to be technical and hands on at the same time
· Has experience with development laboratory solutions
· Experience working with outside organizations (vendors, OEMs, consultants)
· Attention to quality in all activities and initiatives
· Strong technical leadership and mentoring skills
· Strong problem-solving, communication and presentation skills
· Strong clinical laboratory domain knowledge. Medical devices
· Experience working in the areas of medical device regulations and laboratory
· The ability to relate well and establish credibility with senior leadership
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· BS – Biomedical engineering or Software/Systems engineering
· MS will be preferred
· Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
· Good English language in speaking and writing for negotiating and for approaching shared targets
· Proven ability to work as a member of an international, multi-located team