Business Unit: Research in Digitalization and Automation
Requisition Number: 237668
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Princeton
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 15%
- Research, design, and implement algorithms in Deep Learning for Computer Vision and Perception.
- Contribute to research projects that develop a variety of algorithms and systems in computer vision, machine learning, and perception.
- Develop technology roadmap elements further and propose new technologies to be included in the roadmap.
- Advance the state-of-the-art in the field, including generating patents and publications in top journals and conferences.
- Apply image and video analysis techniques such as deep learning to large-scale, real-world problems.
- Fast prototyping, feasibility studies, specification and implementation of visual perception product components.
- Establish internal network to acquire projects and maintain the relationships with customers in Siemens business units.
- Collaborating with partners from top tier universities on cutting-edge research problems and securing government research grants in relevant domains.
- Working with customers to understand algorithm requirements and deliver high-quality solutions.
- Leading and coaching junior colleagues in research and development activities and strengthen the skillset of the team.
- Support developing brand recognition of Siemens externally and increasing visibility of the research group by networking with external experts and attending academic conferences.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline required. Strong background in Computer Vision and Deep Learning.
- Minimum of 6 years of industrial research and development experience in the field of Computer Vision, Machine Learning and Perception required.
- Proven ability to develop new research ideas as demonstrated by a strong publication record and early developments to the level of a working system prototype.
- Strong theoretical and practical background in machine learning and computer vision required.
- Hands-on coding skills and ability to quickly prototype in C++ is a must. Further experience in scripting languages such as Python is a plus.
- Strong skills and prior experiences in systems integration and solutions design required.
- Good knowledge of tools and frameworks for deep learning (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Caffe, MXNet etc.) is required.
- Established networks within US academia/research institutions preferred.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English are required.
- Knowledge or previous involvement writing funding proposals for research grants is a plus.
- Knowledge of Siemens product portfolio and organization is a plus.
- Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on http://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs?view=category&id=33#