Risk Analyst - Structured Finance
Business Unit: Financial Services (FS)
Requisition Number: 237671
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Malvern
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Iselin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Financial Services, Inc. is the U.S. arm of the global Financial Services division of Siemens, (SFS), an international provider of business-to-business financial solutions. SFS helps facilitate investments, providing commercial finance, project and structured finance with specific asset expertise in the energy, healthcare, industry, and infrastructure markets. SFS supports Siemens as well as other companies with their capital needs and acts as an expert manager of financial risks within the Siemens Company. Leveraging its financing expertise and industrial know-how creates value for customers and helps them strengthen their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
- You will be directly involved in transaction analysis, approval and monitoring
- Part of your role will be to research companies, markets and industries
- You will participate in transaction due diligence and structuring
- Another objective will be to analyze financial statements and assist in the preparation of financial models
- You'll Develop credit and comparative analysis skills
- Monitor portfolio investments and assist on special projects
- Participate in deal packaging / submittal process by assisting the Underwriters with obtaining necessary diligence materials and providing analytical support/ assistance on the Credit Report, Risk Rating Worksheet, and other appropriate underwriting documents;
- General understanding and ability to gather and analyze third-party information, assess risk, and address financing structures.
- Cash flow modeling, including appropriately sensitizing models
- Obtain a general understanding of SFS Credit and Risk Rating Policies to ensure all risk management guidelines are adhered to and exceptions documented;
- Be responsive and provide ongoing support to the sales, marketing and business development personnel
- Organize and manage credit files. Update credit files with financial and other information in accordance with SFS policy
- Provide accurate and timely input into various databases and credit logs/reports.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business, mathematics, economics, engineering or other quantitative subject. MBA preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Analytical and statistical aptitude / experience
- Strong proficiency with using the Internet and other resources to gather appropriate research and diligence materials
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Satisfactory analytical skills and general understanding / knowledge of commercial and corporate lending.
- 2+ years of similar experience
- Completion of formal bank credit training program preferred;
- Healthcare Finance experience preferred
- Real Estate experience preferred