Director of Sales - Fire Products
Business Unit: Sales, Control Products & Systems
Requisition Number: 237676
Primary Location: United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Director of Sales - Fire Products:
We are about what buildings make possible!
We spend 90 percent of our lives in buildings. At Siemens, we believe that everything people do in life deserves a perfect place to do it. Siemens Building Technologies is seeking a Sales Leader who will direct overall sales efforts to attain revenue, expense, and marketing objectives for Siemens Smart Infrastructures' Building Performance indirect channel for Fire Alarm product lines. You will also direct sales operations, and delegate assignments to management and sales staff. Additionally, you will direct strategy for retention of account bases and development of new accounts. Define and direct the development of strategic plans to penetrate accounts. Conceptualize, develop, modify, and execute corporate and/or organizational policies that may have a company-wide effect. This role is based in Buffalo Grove, IL, but may reside in any major metro area in the U.S. Additionally, you’ll also get to visit other locations in Central/ South America, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
What Part Will You Play:
- Develop and execute strategy to grow fire VAP/third party sales for U.S.A., Puerto Rico and Guam
- Oversee day to day management of territory sales activity with goal of growing sales at 2 times market growth
- Manage cost center to budgeted targets
- Successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
- Actively manage the portfolio of channel partners and ensure enough coverage to grow total Siemens Fire Product sales in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam.
- Act as an advisor for VAP/third party strategy and execution in Canada and South America.
- This area of responsibility has high strategic, long-term impact. So, you’ll often exercise your creativity to conceptualize new systems, programs, and/or training programs to drive significant business impact.
- You’ll have autonomy to create and conceptualize strategic long-range policies/programs for area of responsibility and to forecast their impact.
- Analyze effectiveness of policies and establishes future direction for functional policies and programs that affect business unit as a whole.
- Align policies/products and development efforts with company strategies.
What You Need To Make Real What Matters:
- 10+ years of Fire Industry application experience preferred
- Experienced leader w/ 5+ years of Sales Management experience
- Demonstrated capability to lead and influence others across the business
- You’re fearless in your ability drive results without having direct responsibility
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.