Director Marine Operations Center
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 237687
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Other Locations: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit:
The Director of the Marine Operation Center is expected to be a conscientious self-starter who will have the primary responsibility for the commercial and technical implementation of the Marine projects with the goal to complete projects with a satisfied customer, on-time and on-budget. The Director will lead a team of Project Managers and of various technical and industry engineers to implement the project. This will include development and oversight of scheduling, budgets, risk management, change management, and resource management activities. The Director is expected to cultivate strong working internal working relationships with Government Technologies Leadership, others in the Marine group and client relationships.
· The Director will lead a team of Project Managers and technical resources responsible to implement in Marie projects. The team’s responsibilities include:
o Understand the contract deliverables and develop necessary schedule and plans for delivering them.
o Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedule.
o Maintain project Change Orders and Request for Information Logs.
o Identify potential problems and proactively address.
o Represents the company as the main point of contact for the customer, subcontractors and site trades. This includes communicating in a professional manner both verbally and in writing.
· As the expert in project implementation, the Director may lead on a large significant multi-year Federal procurement.
· The Director will assist in the development of Project Management Organization (PMO) will ensures the teams compliance PMO’s developed process and procedures.
· The Director will manage the workload and utilization of the team.
· The Director will lead the team development including technical training, soft-skills training, and recruiting new team members as the business grows.
· The Director is responsible for the team’s employee satisfaction and will develop and utilize methods to recognize and celebrate employee achievements.
· The Director will support of project proposal efforts. This includes identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications, and working with the engineering team on a cost effective execution model.
· Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship, ties to another country, foreign visas or passports or work visas.
· BS in Electrical Engineering or Marine or equivalent required
· Minimum 10 years of experience managing and leading teams that implement complex, multi-year capital projects in an industrial environment (ex. power infrastructure, drives/motors, process automation).
· Experience with defense programs
· Experience with government contracting is highly preferred
· Siemens internal candidates are to be PM@Siemens PM Certified
· Site commissioning experience required.
· Travel approximately 25% as required for projects.
· Must understand and be able to discuss project schedules. This includes being proficient in the use of MS Project.
· Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Power Point
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and have the ability to converse with all levels of personnel.
· Must be able to discuss project financials in detail
· Be able to discuss confrontational issues (ex. claims, delays, etc) with customer.
· Have a working knowledge of construction law
· PMI PMP Certification preferred
· Preference will be given to people with a Navy background
Candidate must be US citizen with the ability to obtain a US Government Security Clearance based on requirements set forth by the US Government.