Manufacturing Engineer - Machining
Business Unit: Service Power Generation
Requisition Number: 237697
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Rural Hall
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering
excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than
165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously
leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business
opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is
organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services,
Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process
Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and
optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil &
gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind
turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able
to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the
lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and
For more information, please visit:
Manufacturing Engineer –Machining
Rural Hall, NC
The Siemens Winston Service Center is seeking an experienced and hands-on Manufacturing Engineer - Machining. A successful candidate in this position will be responsible for developing machining and related processes for the manufacture of new components. The position also provides on-going shop floor support of machining and related processes within Siemens Energy Gas Turbine Service Division.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Development and qualification of machining processes for gas and steam turbine units including components made from stainless steels, bronze, aluminum and super alloy castings
• Development of parameters for machining processes, feeds, speeds, coolant application etc.
• Understand, troubleshoot, and manage N/C and manual equipment, fixtures, cutting tools, holders etc.
• Design and development of tooling for machining processes
• Develop inspection plans and controls for managing and improving capability of the production process.
• Develop work instructions, procedures, key cards, and related manufacturing documentation for machining operations and auxiliary processes (i.e. Grind, Braze and Shotpeen).
• Project leadership of development and qualification projects (scheduling, design of experiments, experimentation, reporting, documentation) with full responsibility for due dates, results and costs associated with your field of activities
• Lead projects through all phases, conception, R&D, qualification, production implementation, and continued production support
• Lead continuous process improvements (analysis, solution finding, implementation) around machining processes and methods
• Work with production personnel to implement, troubleshoot, and improve machining and associated processes
• Collaborate with management, product engineering, peer engineers, and operators to realize high quality, stable processes. Provide data and documentation for product process qualifications (PPQ), work instructions and manufacturing quality control plans.
• Communicate with customers to understand requirements and communicate process deviations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• 2-4 year degree in mechanical, manufacturing engineering or similar degree or 2+ years relevant and proven manufacturing technician/engineering experience.
• 5+ years of experience in machining processes
• Skilled in interpretation of product and manufacturing drawings and specifications
• Knowledge in machining processes, utilizing 3, 4, and 5, axis equipment
• Knowledge in identifying, analyzing, and correcting machining process issues such as surface finish, cutter wear, machining process stability, and dimensional control.
• Knowledge in process control for machining as well as in statistical process analysis and design-of-experiments
• Ability to assist in program developments and give recommendations for improvement to ensure capable processes
• Ability to learn and own manufacturing processes for multiple product lines.
• Knowledge in designing and troubleshooting component fixtures
• Knowledge in specifying and troubleshooting cutting tools, holders, and auxiliary supporting systems such as heat shrink and pre-setters
• Knowledge in developing maintenance activities for N/C and supporting systems.
• Knowledge in Siemens NX CAD and product data management within Siemens Teamcenter
• Working knowledge of MS office (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• B.S. or M.S. in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering or Similar
• Experience with Minitab
• Knowledge and professional experience in project management
• Flexibility in working non-standard shifts as needed