Field Service Technician - Security/Fire Alarm
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 237716
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 20%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Field Service Technician- Coordinates and manages and performs the site installation, field testing, and service for new equipment installations of commercial CCTV, Access Control, Fire & Life Safety Systems. Reports to the local Fire and Security Supervisor and Project Manager.
- Installation of wiring, cable, equipment and components and devices associated with Fire and Security Systems.
- Installs and mounts electric / electronic components, devices, panels, sensors and components.
- Performs interlock wiring as required.
- Performs wiring checkout.
- Performs system startup and verification activities.
- Programs Custom Database associated with Fire and Security Systems
- Deploys Software packages associated with Fire and Security Systems
- Configures basic Network and Servers associated with Fire and Security Systems
- Effectively identifies problems as they occur and suggests appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is not complex.
- Completes and submits routine written reports noting site activities and system deficiencies.
- Runs semi complex reports to analyze system operation and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work.
- Participates in final System acceptance testing and commissioning.
- Assures customer acceptance and provide training on installed system to end user.
- Provides input and assists with preparation of as built documents.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- High School Diploma / GED
- Technical and mechanical aptitude required
- 2 to 3 Years electrical and electronic experience required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must be physically able to climb and work in high and / or confined spaces.
- Must be able to differentiate between different colored wires.
- Estimated 20% travel requirements.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.