Product Design Engineer - Painted Post, NY
Business Unit: Distributed Generation and Oil & Gas
Requisition Number: 237722
Primary Location: United States-New York-Painted Post
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
We are looking for a Product Engineer for the Painted Post, New York facility which manufactures reciprocating compressors and components.
As a Product Engineer, you will perform engineering work requiring the application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks.
- Apply analytical techniques and experience to make calculations and selections for components and assemblies to solutions of mechanical engineering problems to ensure design is within normal design practices.
- Develops specialized capabilities in disciplines of problem solving and analysis.
- Direct the design, drafting, and processing of orders, proposals or development programs using the team concept and in accordance with applicable specifications, cost, and schedule constraints.
- Write and issue technical documentation as directed, including instructions, test reports, and engineering standards in accordance with specifications.
- Assist manufacturing and field service personnel in resolution of problems
- Makes field visits to investigate or resolve problems, as necessary. Conduct or attend engineering meetings with customers and suppliers.
- Interact with sales and manufacturing personnel to resolve customer problems
- BS (Bachelor's Degree) in Mechanical Engineering and/or engineering discipline
- Up to 1 year of experience in the engineering and manufacturing field environment
- Knowledge in CAD Drafting
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States