Business Unit: Low Voltage & Products
Requisition Number: 237725
Primary Location: United States-California-Pomona
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit:
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles and digital factory technology to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Reporting to the Digital Manufacturing Engineering Manager, and based out of the Pomona, CA facility, this position works directly with internal cross-functional teams and external contractors on managing projects to industrialize the integration of automation on electrical components. This position will have the responsibility to make sure the automation technology is up to date, always working, make modifications as needed, and generate new when possible.
- Design, plan and improve manufacturing operations, processes, and systems to achieve safety, quality, delivery, cost and inventory performance expectations.
- Support the evaluation and management of software applications and functionality available across manufacturing systems.
- Implement tools, such as Digital Work Instructions, Computer Aided Process Planning, Operator Displays, Performance/Status Dashboards, and other connected worker support tools.
- Support the instrumentation, control, connectivity, and analytic solutions around manufacturing equipment and operational assets.
- Lead initiatives to reduce production errors and improve product quality across manufacturing systems.
- Develop and maintain accurate plant layouts.
- Schedule delivery of all tools, fixtures, gages, and equipment on time.
- Has the ability to understand and use all automated equipment and be responsible for training others, making sure uptime is met, problem solving and preventing downtime.
- Drive and implement Siemens lean culture in all day to day activities.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- B.S. or greater in a related engineering discipline.
- Experience with metal fabrication machinery and/or assembly process in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with project managing of layout changes and machine commissioning.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis along with statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to implement change to improve results.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- LEAN or 6 Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt.
- Experience with manufacturing execution systems.
- Experience simulating manufacturing systems and processes.
- Experience with machine tools and/or automation.
- Experience with programming languages and NX preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.