Motor Production Supervisor
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 237730
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Mobility Division
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Motor Production Supervisor
The Production Supervisor is an entry level management position. This position will support the GA400 Alpharetta operation and reports to the Manufacturing Manager. The Production Supervisor monitors and manages the Motor and Rail Gear Production team, consisting of 12 to 15 production technicians, to ensure safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met. The Production Supervisor communicates expectations and provides direction, training, and feedback to employees. He/she works closely with cross-functional areas to support production. Further focus in this role is dedicated to developing and empowering employees and continuously improving processes.
• Conduct meetings with respective team members. Discuss status of production operations. Inform team about safety issues, employee polices, & quality issues.
• Organize, monitor, and control the warehouse area with regards to assigning employees, working procedures, material, processes, and tools so safety, quality, delivery, and cost targets are met.
• Provide support to technicians by coordinating answers to technical and quality questions. Coordinate actions with support functions to resolve issues.
• Monitor key performance indicators for work centers, document deviations, and their effects. If necessary, initiate measures to resolve or avoid issues.
• Participate in Gemba meetings, Quality Gembas, 6S audits, Quality arena and safety meetings.
• Plan, assign, and assist in the training and development of employees. Track progress by updating the skills matrix and/or development plans.
• Organize, lead, and execute improvement projects and activities.
• Coordinate work practice and policy development, safety, ISO and policy administration.
• Monitor employee performance. Prepare for and conduct mid-year and end of year performance evaluation.
• Approve timesheets, PTO, and run payroll summary.
• Monitor Production Management activities and perform transactions for conforming and closing production orders, and other movements.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• BS/BA degree in related discipline OR a HS Diploma with 3 years relevant experience in Production or Supply Chain Logistics.
• Typically up to 3 years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented in the job profile.
• Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, statistics, and their applications in an Operations setting.
• English Language – Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
• Environmental Health and Safety (EHS)– Knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Computers – Knowledge of computer software applications (SAP, MS Office [Word, Excel, Access], MS Outlook, Minitab) and hardware.
• Machines and Tools— Knowledge of machines, power tools, and hand tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Lean Manufacturing – Advanced knowledge of lean principles and techniques for optimizing processes and eliminating waste.
• Management– Advanced knowledge of management techniques for effectively coordinating efforts of available resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Leadership– Knowledge of leadership techniques for motivating and engaging a team to achieve a vision.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Strong preference given to individuals with qualifications below:
1. Mechanical aptitude and demonstrated equivalent experiences
2. 3 or more years of experience in a motor assembly or motor repair environment.
• Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised group(s). Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action.
• Successful candidate will be expected to pursue and achieve the Siemens Performance Systems Expert Certification and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification in a reasonable timeframe. These certifications require specific knowledge on the topics and also experience in the role before certification is granted.