Financial Analyst - Rail Automation
Business Unit: Mobility Management
Requisition Number: 237743
Primary Location: United States-Kentucky-Louisville
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional
passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Siemens Rail Automation
- Support the Planning Process, including monthly forecast and annual budget process.
- Collaborate with technical and financial partners to drive asset management initiatives (with the goal of improving safety, quality, product cost, lead times)
- Control meaningful business critical metrics, including but not limited to, volume development, SG&A, Headcount, FCF, etc. and ensure the achievement of targets within each. Where deviations are found, initiate corrective actions with the team
- Maintain profitability, trend- and variance-analysis used as a baseline for developing recommendations and advise management regarding actions and activities to improve bottom line
- Recognize and actively promote the exchange of standard methodologies within the organization
- Contribute to conceptual discussions regarding market, planning, performance, and reporting issues; US GAAP applications, departmental process improvements and financial requirements.
- Support inventory control and obsolete analysis
- Prepare Make/Buy business cases
- Bachelor Degree and 2+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting/Auditing
- Develop operational strategic vision while influencing/leveraging other functional groups within the organization
- Successfully demonstrate operational influence in regards to meaningful current business concepts through validated experience and leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work well across internal organizations
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are a requirement
- Experience with Tableau business analytics software is helpful
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment is preferred
- High proficiency with SAP, PLM, S&OP planning