Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 237779
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Charlotte
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
- Perform, with use of mechanical drawings, schematics and location circuit plans, electrical and mechanical repairs of various components
- Diagnose electrical malfunctions in LRV control circuits and components, assess the nature of problems, and identify corrective action needed.
- Work with shop machines and hand tools.
- Understand and follow company and industry safety rules, practices, and procedures.
- Communicate with others, verbally and in writing, technical information, job procedure recommendations, and other work-related information.
- Assist other employees as needed.
- Read, interpret and understand written or electronic information, maintain the information, and compile reports
- Use PTU’s (laptops) to troubleshoot various systems onboard the LRV's.
- High school diploma (or GED), College Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in relevant field.
- Must be proficient in electrical, hydraulic, mechanical troubleshooting.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.